Happy Monday All!
It’s back to school for many across the nation this week, and with that VSCHOOLZ wanted to provide a few helpful tips for students and teachers who are starting the new school year. With the help of curriculum and teacher training specialists check out the list below!
1. Now that school has started try to minimize the amount of time you do non-school related activities during the week.
2. Like Noah’s ark, always bring two of everything; pencils and pens break and you should always be ready to move forward when one does.
3. Take down all important contact information on each of your teachers, and a class mate from each class so that you can always find out about missing assignments or forgotten due dates.
4. Always remember to keep your phone off during the day if you are bringing it to school.
5. Use your agenda or an online planner! Stay on a schedule…don’t be a procrastinator!
6. Remember to enjoy every day. School is only as good an experience as the energy you put into it. If you go in with a negative attitude, you’ll not enjoy your time as a student. You control your own reactions and experiences…fulfill your dreams every day!
1. When it comes to your virtual classroom remember to never give out your login and password.
2. Make “real life” connections to the content you are teaching.
3. Keep on hand a bag of mixed candy: use the treats to promote positive reinforcement with your students. If you are in the virtual world… emoticons work well to say thanks to students and colleagues!
4. Keep a supply of energy snacks, granola bars and such, to help build up your own energy as the day goes on.
5. Never let them see you sweat: confidence is the best tool for a teacher.
6. Patience is a virtue: remember, you have taught this for years and know it by heart, but your students are as blank as copy paper. They are waiting to explore a whole new depth of learning that technology opens for them… and they know you are experiencing the use of digital tools with them. Engage them!!
Let us know what you think of these tips by tweeting us on Twitter @vschoolz or “like” us on Facebook! Enjoy the first week back to school!
- Angelina, Director of Marketing